Happy Easter Monday!! This week I thought I’d post my Top 6 Superfoods! Where better to start than with the antioxidant rich chocolate…cacao!
- Has the most antioxidants of ANY food
- Ton of essential vitamins and minerals
- ...Aphrodisiac ;)
- No.1 source of magnesium - which is our most common mineral deficiency, over 80% of the US population is deficient in magnesium.
High source of magnesium helps with:
Cardiovascular health, blood flow and nutrient & oxygen absorption
- Bowel movement
- Bone health
How to take:
I love to either buy 65%+ cacao chocolate or cacao nibs and eat them by itself
- A handful sprinkled on top of yoghurts / pancakes
- Lightly baked or frozen in homemade protein bars
- Blended in smoothies
Make sure to buy the RAW version - not roasted, as the heat treatment removes most of the antioxidants and other benefits.
P.S. A little bit of history… the Aztecs believed it to be a gift of the gods, and it was so highly valued it became a form of currency!
Stay Healthy & Happy!